Bugzilla statistics

Hi,

I thought others might be interested in some bugzilla statistics from
2003 and 2004.  There are at least a couple small problems in either
the scripts or in the consistency of the database, so some of these
statistics might be off slightly (a percentage point or two), but should
be pretty reliable.

Also, note that some Gnome or Gnome-related applications are found in
other databases outside bugzilla.gnome.org.  (Evolution is one major
example, though they are working to import it into Gnome bugzilla)

Overall statistics:
  Current open reports: 13395 (*)
  Opened in 2003/2004:  60334
  Closed in 2003/2004:  54232

  Of the bugs closed, 8421 were duplicates.

  Patches submitted:             13101
  Number of those reviewed (**): 11722 (89.5%)

  (*): Excludes reports marked as enhancements

  (**): Since we were using such an old version of bugzilla for so
        long, it appears that people still occasionally follow old
        habits and don't update patch statuses when commenting on
        patches.  Thus many patches have been reviewed but aren't
        counted here.  Also, many patches in open bugs from before the
        upgrade do not yet have a status set.  We do still have plenty
        of room for improvement (both of these combined don't account
        for the fact that a quarter of all patches from 1-3 months ago
        are still considered unreviewed), but patch review statistics
        aren't yet very accurate.

People who have closed more than 1000 bugs in the last two years:

  (My apologies if I make any mistakes in pointing out peoples'
  roles--please do correct any mistakes)

  1659    mclasen redhat com
  1582    sven gimp org
  1541    yaneti declera com
  1445    hadess hadess net
  1322    gnome flowerday cx
  1280    vincent vuntz net
  1244    martin wehner epost de
  1235    daniel veillard com
  1175    vincent noel gmail com
  1173    otaylor redhat com
  1135    chpe gnome org

  Matthias Clasen is one of the gtk+ maintainers
  Sven Neuman is one of the GIMP maintainers.
  Yanko Kaneti is one of the Galeon maintainers, but has also put a
    lot of time into general triaging.  In fact, he has closed the
    most bugs out of anyone in Gnome bugzilla (over 7200 at this
    time)
  Batien Nocera is a maintainer of a variety of multimedia modules,
    such as Totem, nautilus-cd-burner
  Crispin Flowerday is one of the Galeon maintainers,
  Vincent Untz is one of the gnome-panel maintainers, but has also
    spent a lot of time triaging bugs from many other products.
  Martin Wehner is the nautilus bug king.  Lots of people provide a
    lot of help with nautilus since its user visibility results in
    lots of bug reports, but Martin's efforts for nautilus bug
    triaging have been a notch above the rest.
  Daniel Veillard is the maintainer of libxml and libxslt.
  Vincent Noel only started triaging bugs for Gnome 6 months ago but
    still made this list.  He has also recently become a gnome-utils
    maintainer.
  Owen Taylor is the maintainer of various core modules such as gtk+
    and pango.
  Christian Persch is the maintainer of epiphany.

  Sorry, Kjartan, but although you are the number 2 bug closer of all
  time with over 6000 bugs, you were 6 bugs short of making this list.
  ;-)

More details statistics can be found at:
  http://www.gnome.org/~newren/temp/bugsquad/2003and2004/top-triagers.txt
  http://www.gnome.org/~newren/temp/bugsquad/2003and2004/top-duplicated.txt
  http://www.gnome.org/~newren/temp/bugsquad/2003and2004/top-patch-reviewers.txt
  http://www.gnome.org/~newren/temp/bugsquad/2003and2004/top-products.txt

Variations on the following reports were used to obtain this data:
  http://bugzilla.gnome.org/reports/weekly-bug-summary.html
  http://bugzilla.gnome.org/reports/recent-mostfrequent.cgi
  http://bugzilla.gnome.org/reports/patch-diligence-report.cgi

  There are also a number of other interesting reports at
  http://bugzilla.gnome.org/reports/reports.cgi

[This overview can be found, for now, at
http://www.gnome.org/~newren/temp/bugsquad/2003and2004/statistics-overview.txt]

Cheers,
Elijah