Re: Request for breakage in gnome-panel

On Sun, 2005-02-13 at 07:23 -0600, Shaun McCance wrote:

> It was predictable that a very user-visible UI change was rejected three
> weeks (three weeks!) after the UI freeze?  I should hope so.
>
> It was predictable that I don't want to scrap my notes and outlines for
> the User Guide work, especially after having to rework the whole damn
> thing because it's been out of date since 2.6?  Yeah, sorry, I'm just
> not into that sort of thing.
>
> Was that too melodramatic?

There are legitimate release team questions: does this break docs work
that was already done, does it endanger stability.

But yes, your embellishment on the answer is melodramatic. The whole
reason Bryan posted was to ask. So you don't have to act like people
were trying to screw you when they followed the process designed to
avoid screwing you.

And the rest of the thread didn't address these release team questions.
A simple "no, we can't take this now due to already-written docs but it
will go in 2.12" is fine.

Havoc