Re: Panel HEAD vs Rhythmbox CVS - failed to open Places

On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 11:29 +0100, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> Here is the trouble: with Rhythmbox installed[1] I can't open some items
> available under the new Places menu. Those items are directories: the
> Desktop entry and directory entries added by gtk-bookmarks. There are no
> troubles whit non-local and/or non-directory items (home, computer,
> servers...)
>
> I suppose this happens because RB adds itself to list of available
> actions/applications for directories.
>
> strace's log with and without rb are attached.
>
> Of course it should be a RB bug/issue, but should  gnome-panel override
> a misconfiguration such it?
>
> [1] please note I tried with the outdated RB version available on
> gnome.org cvs. Unfortunately now that I've uninstalled it, I can't re-
> install it any longer due to a build failure :-(

What version of gnome-vfs is this? There was some gnome-vfs change
related to something like this in 2.9.x.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a superhumanly strong sweet-toothed dog-catcher who dotes on his loving
old ma. She's a radical bisexual vampire from a family of eight older
brothers. They fight crime!