Re: [Usability] [RFC] Announcing: Control-Center-GUI 0.1

På Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 12:53:52PM +0900, Ryan McDougall skrev:
> So for me this boils down to "do we need to have the text descriptions
> available for each applet?" I think we do.

Another idea that may be useful/inspiring... :)

Personally, I don't see why one would want all descriptions shown by
default. Using context-sensitive description labels, not only space will be
saved, but the user experience will be improved, because the user only sees
relevant information. Think about it: why would one need to see the
description for the keyboard properties when one is looking for a way to
change the system sounds?

Possible implementation: use Danilo's mockup [1] as a starting point (I
think it could use a graphical redesign (sorry, Danilo ;>), but the basic
layout looks good to me). Add extra whitespace above the headers. This extra
space will be used to show a description label when hovering the mouse
cursor over the icons (or when selecting them using the keyboard, of
course!).

  mvrgr, Wouter

[1] http://kvota.net/~danilo/gcc-mockup.png
--
:wq

nobody loves me :: it's true :: not like you do                -- portishead