Re: .desktop file handling

On Sun, 2005-02-06 at 19:05 +0100, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> In both cases the problem is that gnome-vfs cannot depend on gtk.
> There are vague plans of a libgnomevfsui library for other things...
> that could be a good place to put launch with notification/icon apis
> too.
>
> Out of curiosity can you explain the use case of the icon api?

In Galeon, when you right click on a page (or image), you get an "Open
With" option, allowing you to open the page (or image) in your
configured applications. I thought it would be nice to have the
application logos in the menu as well as just the application name.

e.g.

http://patches.theflowerdays.com/Galeon-Open-With-Menu.png

Crispin