Re: GConf Stability - how to add icons to panel

On Sat, 2005-02-05 at 10:10 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:

> > These are issues I hope to address when we have a new panel.
> > http://live.gnome.org/AppletsRevisited
>
> If I add a dbus interface to the panel in 2.12 to control panel objects
> (i.e. list objects, add an object, remove an object), won't it be
> enough? I don't think there is a need for a *new* panel to make this
> happen...

I'm not sure.

I want to completely overhaul the API for panel applets, drop Bonobo,
and do a heap of other stuff that we currently do poorly. I'm hoping
that we can sit down at GUADEC and work out what is needed. I really
want to have this working properly, be totally kick-arse, and also (if
possible) interoperate with KDE.

--d

--
Davyd Madeley              http://www.davyd.id.au/

PGP Fingerprint <http://www.davyd.id.au/pgp/>
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA