Re: Gnome 2.10 Showstoppers : the list

On Thu, 2005-02-03 at 16:44 -0500, Vincent Noel wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> at Elijah's request, I compiled a little list of all Gnome 2.6 showstoppers
> bugs, and I think everybody will enjoy going through this list.  Feel
> the fear as you
> look for your own product in the list ! Enjoy the relief as you discover
> there's a patch that fixes your bug !  Marvel at the complex and intricate
> design of thousand of lines of stack traces ! Don't forget to blame Elijah for
> any unease or discomfort.
<snip>
> Bug #133815
>     Component : keybinding
>     keys refuse to "unbind"
>
>     Once a key is set using the keybinding capplet, even after unsetting it
>     the key is still bound.
>     The source of the problem seems to be found, no patch however.

Despite the typo at the top, you're right, this "showstopper" has been
around since GNOME 2.6. It just didn't get discovered before.

Note to all. The multimedia (Play/Pause/Next/Forward/etc.) keys handling
sucks arse because the way acme worked is very different from the way
the gnome-settings-daemon does it. Handling of those keys has been
broken since acme was included in the control-center.
This shouldn't be a show-stopper, and I hope to get fixed some time in
the GNOME 2.12 development cycle (ie. I got my code started too late for
GNOME 2.10), sorry (well, it was either Play/Pause keys working, or a
movie player, and I know the one I'd rather see).

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>