Re: Hide extensions [Was: Nautilus]

The wmv and asf problems isn't really a gnome problem. The problem is
in the /etc/mime.types file. There were a discussion about this on the
freedesktop.org xdg mailing list. What you can do for now, is change
the file /etc/mime.types to remove the line "video/x-ms-asf asf asx"
(or comment it), and add to the line video/x-ms-wmv the words " asf
asx". It should correct this problem. And for the next release of your
distribution, just write to the mime-support package maintainer, so
that this change is done for everyone.