SCons'ified PyGTK

  Behold! A SCons'ified PyGTK is now available:

http://www.gnome.org/~gjc/pygtk-2.8.3.tar.gz
http://www.gnome.org/~gjc/pygtk-scons.diff

  It needs scons 0.96.91, instead of make.  I had to invest a lot of
effort and time to make this happen, due to missing functionality in
base scons.  However, I tried to be careful to split out generic
functionality into a separate 'scons tool' that could potentically be
reused outside of PyGTK.  I didn't test it on win32, but in theory it
should work, with more or less adjustments.

  Features of this tool include 'dist' and 'distcheck' support, along
with configure checks for pkg-config modules, python version, python
headers, etc.  It should be noted that the scons-based tarball is only
595K vs the 919K autotools tarball.  The difference is 324K, while the
scons-0.96.91.tar.gz full source takes 343K.

  Some basic instructions:
	1- to compile, type 'scons prefix=/foo/bar'
	2- to run unit tests, type 'scons check'
	3- to install, type 'scons install'
	4- to uninstall, type 'scons -c install'
	5- to make a new tarball, type 'scons dist'

  This is only an experiment; therefore, feedback is appreciated.

  Cheers.

--
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
The universe is always one step beyond logic.