Re: Adaptive mode (Was: Re: Browser Mode by Default)

El vie, 23-12-2005 a las 12:21 -0600, Travis Watkins escribió:
> On 12/23/05, Xavier Bestel <xavier bestel free fr> wrote:
> > Hey, that would be really neat ! I see it now :
> >         Icon View == Spatial Mode
> >         List View == Browser Mode
> > And Nautilus remembers the settings for every visited folder.
>
> What happens if we like browser mode and icon view?

Hi, I was reading this thread without much interest but I really have to
say something: List View in Nautilus have been improving a lot and I
like the new developments so far, but it is very annoying when you
select a list item and it selects the whole row, if a directory is huge
and the files doesn't fit on the window, you are screwed.  You can't
deselect an item and if those items happens to be folders you can't drag
and drop a file in the current directory, it will be copied or moved to
an unexpected place (where ever you were pointing when you dropped the
file).  And may be the same apply to the file chooser.

When I am using Windows I prefer to use the List View equivalent but in
Gnome I prefer the Icon View.  The List View just doesn't feel like
home.

I know this is not exactly a Nautilus problem, it's more a GTK+ problem.
When you select an item in the list view it should highlight just the
name, not even the column, I am talking about the text that conforms the
file name.  Every other place outside that boundary is anything but the
file.

I don't know if I made my self clear... cheers!.

-William

Correo Yahoo!
Espacio para todos tus mensajes, antivirus y antispam �gratis!
Reg�rate ya - http://correo.yahoo.com.mx/