Re: Another way to solve the Spatial vs. Navigational debate

On Thu, 2005-12-22 at 14:59 +0100, Luca Ferretti wrote:

>       * We don't have any "Introduction to GNOME" manual that could
>         explain you how the spatial really works (middle click to
>         open-and-close, use list view to "browse" descendants...). So
>         the spatial UI is a mess for new and no-nautilus-fan users: "I
>         can't manage all that windows on my screen!!"

You hit on the biggest problem and a possible solution here.
Documentation!!!  That by far would be better than throwing options in a
user's face.  Perhaps a web site that users are directed to, having tips
& tricks on customizing the Gnome desktop.

--
John (J5) Palmieri <johnp redhat com>