Re: Removing xrdb for 10% startup win?

Bastien Nocera wrote:
These seem both to be a little bit old and are not packaged by many distributions. As an alternative, I've been looking at mcpp:

http://www.m17n.org/mcpp/index_eng.html

It's more recent, about 93k in size, and reads no external libraries. Replacing cpp with mcpp decreases startup time by ~1s on my system.

Is that with or without Erwann's changes to avoid calling xrdb a
gazillion times?

Without, but it doesn't really matter because you only take the performance hit when you load cpp the first time. After that it's in cache and it loads fast...

Cheers,
Lorenzo