Re: gnomedb to Ridley , why not ?

On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 20:03 +0200, Roberto Majadas wrote:
> Hi people :
>
> I know , i know ... may be it's a crazy idea but let me to explain .
>
> If anyone don't know libgda , it's an API for database access that it
> support mysql , postgresql , sqlite , odbc ... and it dependecies
> are : glib , libxml2 and libxslt .
> I think that could be interesting to have something like qtsql
> ( http://doc.trolltech.com/4.0/qtsql.html ) integrated in the future
> ridley project like in QT.
>
> Is it possible rodrigo ?
> comments ?

yes, of course it is possible, although I don't think it makes sense to
do it. libgda/libgnomedb are specialized libraries, which are ok to link
separately, I think. But most apps don't need any DB access at all, so
it makes a lot more sense either separately, as they are now, or as part
of a big libgoffice library.
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>