Will be GNOME 2.10 based on GTK+ 2.6?

I'm asking it 'cause I was browsing new stuff in GTK+ HEAD and I found
the really cute gtk_window_set(_default)_icon_name() function[1].

This lets you to do the beautiful stuff in attached patch[2]. It's not
only more simple to write if you don't need a custom icon, but removes a
dependence on libgnome[ui]. Moreover the pixmap is updated when you
change icon theme and it's loaded at the appropriate size[3].

So before prepare patches and file bug reports I like to know if the
2.10 platform will support it.

BWT there is a way to do the same with a GdkPixbuf object? Something
like

GdkPixbuf* gdk_pixbuf_new_from_name (const gchar* icon_name,
                                     const gchar* size)

so you don't need to write callback listening for the 'changed' signal
of icon theme?

[1] Sets the (default) icon for the window from a named themed icon

[2] of course you need gtk+ HEAD to try it.

[3] well, not really true. Only Window List applet do it. Window Menu
seems to use the 48x48 version scaled down, and Metacity too. I'll open
bugs.