Re: The future of the release team

Hi Maciej,

Yesterday at 18:36, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> I said I wasn't going to say anything else, but I can't resist one
> more comment. I think this is really the only point in your plan I
> disagree with. Everything else sounds like a reasonably good process,
> but I do think some person or small group should "own" broad
> responsibility for the release (even if that person or group doesn't
> cover all the release tasks). Everyone owning the responsibility
> collectively seems likely to end up much like no one owning it.

I think we already "collectively own the responsibility" of any single
release.  I also disagree that it will end up no one owning it: I even
think it will be a complete converse of it.  Someone will feel the
need/urge to step up, so we would end up with someone/some group doing
most of the work, but the only difference is that people would feel
that it's not such a big deal, and they'll be more comfortable with
it.  At least that's how I got it.

Cheers,
Danilo