HIG dialog API [was: Re: GTK+ team irc meeting]

Il mar, 2004-09-21 alle 10:02, Mark McLoughlin ha scritto:
> Hey,

<snip>

>   3) Since the API freeze for GTK+ 2.6 is getting close, people should
>      be making sure they're favourite issues are getting attended to -
>      e.g. the HIG dialog API ! :)

Do you really mean that are plans to include directly in GTK+ API to
create HIG-compliant message alert dialogs?

Just like stuff in eel (see eel/eel/eel-alert-dialog.* files)?

This is great! The most noticeable news about GNOME 2.10 DevPlat.
So you can simply do a

	gtk_alert_messagge (ERROR,
			_("Primary Text"),
			_("Secondary long long text"));

Note that currently a lot of project don't use eel dialog API 'cause
don't want to depend on eel. So...

$ cd ~/cvs/GNOME
$ find . -name "*hig*c"
./eog/libeog/eog-hig-dialog.c
./gpdf/xpdf/gpdf-hig-dialog.c
./gpdf/xpdf/eog-hig-dialog.c
./gnome-system-tools/src/common/gst-hig-dialog.c
./eggcups/gst-hig-dialog.c
./rhythmbox/widgets/gst-hig-dialog.c

Plus, of course, all modules that don't pack dialog functions in a
separate file. For example nautilus-cd-burner, that implement it in a
wrong way.[1]

BTW why not import directly the eel functions? The API is good, simple
and powerful. And well tested in nautilus.

We need to implement in DevPlat all stuff suggested by HIG.

[1]
In nautilus-cd-burner.c you can find

gtk_message_dialog_new (parent,
                        GTK_DIALOG_DESTROY_WITH_PARENT,
                        type,
                        GTK_BUTTONS_NONE,
                        "<b>%s</b>\n%s", title_esc, reason_esc);

But it should be

I don't yet filed a bug report.