Re: the future of GNOME Applets
- From: Mark McLoughlin <markmc redhat com>
- To: Glynn Foster <glynn foster sun com>
- Cc: Davyd Madeley <davyd madeley id au>, Desktop Devel <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: the future of GNOME Applets
- Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 08:21:43 +0100
On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 23:45, Glynn Foster wrote:
> Looking outside the box a little bit, how do you propose to handle the
> removal of applets from the gnome-applets package, and still preserve
> people's panel configuration on an upgrade. Are they suddenly going to
> get a rude message -
> " The panel encountered a problem while loading XXX. Do
> you want to delete the applet from your configuration? "
> and wonder WTF is going on?
What I did for the wireless applet was make netstatus be activated
instead. Just like we did when we renamed the notification area.
Possibly won't be able to do that for all applets, though.
] [Thread Prev