Re: the future of GNOME Applets

On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 16:29 +0200, Paolo Borelli wrote:
> Il giorno mar, 21-09-2004 alle 21:12 +0800, Davyd Madeley ha scritto:
>
> > Modem Lights
> > 	I'm sure this could be replaced by Network Monitor in the
> > 	future. What do people think should happen with this one?
>
> Luckily now I have adsl, but there are still lots of people on dial up
> and when I was using it, modem lights applet was the only sane gnome way
> to connect/disconnect and know how long you have been online.

Short of having a better solution. It probably should stay. I'm sure
people do use it. Mostly I hate it because it's a somewhat buggy, hard
to use POS. Perhaps HAL will offer a better solution in the future.

--
http://davyd.ucc.asn.au/

PGP Fingerprint <http://davyd.ucc.asn.au/pgp>
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA