Re: MIME interface suggestions

I believe the thought process goes like this:

If the application the user wants to use is not listed in the menu, then
that application does not have a .desktop file, or it is misconfigured.
In which cases, it wouldn't appear in your application list dialog either.

I do however see a point. We have examples like ghex, which should
probably not be configured to open application/octect-stream, even though
technically they can. It would just be menu cruft. But the user might want
to open a specific file with them... so it would be good if it was in the
list.

Actually the more I think about this, I think ghex SHOULD be configured to
handle application/octect-stream, but also be marked "NotInOpenMenu".
Which is something we don't yet have.

??????