Re: Proposal: replacing esound with polypaudio in 2.10

On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 01:02 +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
<snip>
> Wherever possible I did not implement anything which was already
> existant in the libc. But due to the fact, that I do not link against
> glib, I have to reimplement some stuff which exists in glib.

Then you're better off cutting and pasting than trying to implement your
own stuff. That means that it's tested code that's coming in, and that
it's easier to get updates from whoever happens to be fixing the glib
code.

<snip>
> One of my most important test cases is video playback of mplayer over
> a network. It works extraordinarily well, with perfect lip
> synchronization when using TCP_NODELAY. (I must admit that I didn't
> test it without... ;-))

On this mailing-list, a xine-lib backend will get you more votes than an
mplayer backend, and a GStreamer one even more (although, that seems to
already be a done deal). Oh, and I'm biased.

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>