Re: Thinking about the tasklist

On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 10:24 -0600, Elijah Newren wrote:
> > There's a g_set_application_name(), having apps call that is the right
> > fix (it's why I added g_set_application_name())
>
> That is used by libwnck for the label of a non-grouped window.

_NET_WM_NAME on window itself should be used for that,
g_set_application_name() is setting the name on the group leader window.

>   And it
> works well.  But he's talking about the title of grouped windows, for
> which WM_CLASS is used instead (see #77942) and doesn't work so well.

I thought I had done it as group leader name falling back to WM_CLASS if
group leader name was unset. But I guess that was all plan, no action.

Still, it *should* work that way ;-)

Havoc