Re: Thinking about the tasklist

On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 08:03 -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Agreed, the tasklist should remain basically the same UI that people
> currently expect. Though I would love to see some more experimental
> substitutes for it and libwnck should make those pretty easy to develop,
> I've always expected more people to write their own window nav and pager
> applets but I guess it isn't cool anymore. ;-) Anyway, we do need the
> "what Windows and current GNOME users expect" tasklist applet I think.

One substitute I've considered creating is something similar to
FvwmProxy, but in libwnck. This basically pops up a little Alway-on-top
label over the center of every window on the screen, and they're shifted
as necessary so not to overlap. In practice, it works like a less
graphically intensive version of the Expos�lones.