Re: Thinking about the tasklist

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 21:35:51 +0200 (CEST), Chipzz <chipzz ulyssis org> wrote:

> Maybe I'm requesting a feature that's too "advanced", but an option to
> never group certain apps (gnome-terminal comes to mind).

Already filed as bug 51574, though bug 60279 is perhaps an alternate
better fix.  Bug 80981 is also somewhat similar.  Personally, I would
like a much different fix, somewhat spurred by an agreement with
Havoc's comment in bug 51574 ("So many grouping bugs... I sort of
suspect grouping is just a bad idea.").  I'd like to nuke the current
grouping methods altogther.  I don't think all the bugs about it are
fixable without using a totally different method.  I think MRU
ordering would handle things and grouping the LRU windows only if
there's insufficient space would fix these problems (see bug 52225 and
bug 60279).