Re: Future of desktop splash screens - some thoughts

On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 09:02 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> Note that the splash screen could be defined as part of the metatheme (with
> or without controls to modify it in the Theme > Details box), so that it
> would not add significantly to the amount of visible preferences.

I'm a bit skeptical of that because the two arguable purposes of the
splash are to put a brand (GNOME or distribution) there, and to display
progress; and making it part of a theme would break both of those
things. (At least as long as I can remember, the progress display gets
screwed up every time we change the splashscreen art - probably possible
to solve technically, but not currently solved)

Havoc