Re: plugin support in metacity

Hi,

Generally speaking libwnck lets you "remote control" most features of
the window manager, and defines the plugin interface... we would extend
the plugin interface by further extending the EWMH hints used by
libwnck.

It's true that you can't do some things via libwnck, but there are
plenty of things you also couldn't do with a plugin API - the plugin API
would not export all the guts of metacity or we couldn't keep it back
compatible.

> 1. desktop chooser plugin, similar to 3ddesk
> 2. full-screen application chooser, similar to expocity or kompose

These things are probably best done in metacity itself, with the new
compositing manager code. There's already basic compositing manager code
in there, it just needs love.

Havoc