Re: Revisiting the GNOME Panel in general...

I think  you are right in saying that my approach is wrong in the
sense that it groups windows by application rather than by task.  I
thank you for pointing this out to me as my limited experience in such
systems led me to be unaware of such problems.

Although I think our current systems have fundamental problems of
their own.  For example if you take the use of workspaces to divide
tasks.  The idea of workspaces only works well if you have very well
defined tasks and they are independent of each other.  l find when I
am using workspaces, that I waste a lot of time changing between
workspaces and moving one app from one workspace to the next.  That is
why I tend not to use workspaces and when I do, I use at most 2.

Maybe with the new opportunities arising with the use of hardware
accelerated desktops, we may be able to solve these issues.