Re: libgnomesu [was Re: Proposed modules: my consensus so far]

Qui, 2004-11-25 às 10:09 +0100, Alexander Larsson escreveu:
> On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 21:26 +0100, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:
> > On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, Hongli Lai wrote:
> >
> > > 3. libgnomesu adds a context menu to Nautilus, which makes it possible to
> > > open a folder as root, so you can edit other users' files or system files.
> >
> > Since the default folder context menu in Nautilus already has more than
> > the HIG recommended maximum number of items, and this feature is not
> > something that is useful in the "common case", I request the extra
> > context menu item (I think you meant to say item?) is disabled by
> > default.
>
> Not only does it have a lot, we've removed (sometimes useful) stuff from
> it already trying to get it to a useful size. Please be very very very
> cautious in adding items to the menu that are not just for some specific
> type of file.

  IMHO, the right way to do this would be to have a context menu item in
all application launchers, with "Run as different user...".  I have seen
it somewhere, maybe WinXP.. :P

This would make the solution work for all applications and not just
nautilus.

  Regards.

--
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
The universe is always one step beyond logic.