Re: Menubar (and Empty Default Desktop) Proposals for GNOME 2.10

On Fri, 2004-11-19 at 03:36 -0600, Shaun McCance wrote:

> This everything-maximized mentality is very Windows-esque.  I've never
> met a Mac user who worked like that.  In fact, Mac applications seem to
> be designed to be as compact as possible, whereas Windows applications
> seem to be designed to be maximized.

Have you ever played with the Windows APIs for resizing windows? It's an
abomination. I spent more time writing windows resizing code, then I did
writing the application!! Helpfully you can set a property mode to run
maximized and remove the unmaximize button.

I also know a Mac user who runs things maximized on her little 12"
1024x768 screen, but she only moved from Windows two years ago, with her
even smaller 800x600 screen.

At the same resolution, on 15" I don't maximize anything, I like seeing
background around my windows, it gives me a sense of spatial reference,
or something...

--
Davyd Madeley              http://www.davyd.id.au/

PGP Fingerprint <http://www.davyd.id.au/pgp/>
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA