Re: ARC & GNOME [Was: How we make decisions...]
- From: Glynn Foster <Glynn Foster Sun COM>
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Cc: sun-sac-foss-ext Sun COM, desktop-devel-list gnome org, Edward Hunter <Ed Hunter Sun COM>
- Subject: Re: ARC & GNOME [Was: How we make decisions...]
- Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 19:27:55 +1300
> I've seen a number of references to concerns about interface stability
> from Sun; I'm curious what the examples are.
We're not just talking about library interfaces here. We're also talking
about binary names, file locations, file formats, package names, ... you
name it. I think GNOME has done a pretty decent job for library
stability , but the other stuff we've not been so good with.
 The only breakages we're seeing on our side from 2.0 were from
libgnomeprint* and a single API or so that we introduced before the
multihead GTK+ got upstream
] [Thread Prev