Re: libgnomesu [was Re: Proposed modules: my consensus so far]

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 18:18:38 +0000, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> 	Right, we haven't figured out a good way to fix this. But it would
> strike me as pointless for one small part of GNOME to try and fix it
> independantly of the rest of GNOME - especially when the hack is going
> to make security concious people very nervous.

Writing a glib patch to take the binreloc stuff, add win32 support, tidy
it up a bit etc is on my todo list. Really this is the sort of generic
utility that belongs in glib, the reason binreloc is an independent kit
right now is so it's usable by anybody even if they don't use glib. The
code is small enough that it's not a big deal.

Mac support probably isn't going to happen though, the relevant API seems
a bit oddly designed ...

thanks -mike