Re: gnome-vfs mime api rework

> > - Implement this in gnome-vfs and move the deprecated stuff to gnome-
> > vfs-mime-deprecated.h. There are so many deprecated functions that it's
> > all very confusing at the moment.
>
> Is it smart to move the functions to a different header file. This will
> break build for applications that include certain header files directly.
>
> Wouldn't it be better to just move the deprecated functions to the
> bottom of the same header file and put them inside
>
> #ifndef GNOMEVFS_DISABLE_DEPRACTED
> #endif

In general, I'd agree. The mime api case is special though, because it's
a total mess ;) There are more deprecated functions than non-deprecated!
Currently it's really hard to figure out how to use the mime api looking
at the headers ...

So to have readable headers I think moving them out to -deprecated.h
could make sense. We shouldnt break applications obviously but ... cant
that be solved by including the -deprecated.h header where necessary?

Marco