new panel menus implementation
- From: Mark McLoughlin <markmc redhat com>
- To: Desktop Devel <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Cc: GNOME I18N List <gnome-i18n gnome org>
- Subject: new panel menus implementation
- Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 15:59:28 +0000
Just a heads up - I've imported a new module to CVS - "gnome-menus" -
which will contain the following:
* libgnome-menu - an implementation of the new menu spec
* .menu files which define how the menus are laid out
* .directory files which used to be in gnome-desktop
* gnome-test-menu-spec - a little test program used for testing the
implementation against the test suite in freedesktop.org CVS.
I've also committed a patch to make the panel use libgnome-menu rather
than the "vfolder" gnome-vfs module. I expect we'll be removing the
vfolder module from gnome-vfs fairly soon.
One thing to note is that in order for your menus to work correctly
you'll now need to set $XDG_CONFIG_DIRS to $(prefix)/etc/xdg.
 - heavily re-factored version of the code in desktop-file-utils
 - http://www.freedesktop.org/Standards/menu-spec
] [Thread Prev