Re: promoting free media codecs from GNOME

Hi *,

On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 12:54, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> Do people think that promoting the use of free codecs (ie, enabling
> those by default, and only use those out of the box) is the right way to
> go ?

It is, obviously. Some sidenotes: your sound profiles library is one way
of doing it, but it requires more. For example, we need to set higher
rankings for the 'preferred' encoders and muxers. Some applications
don't use the profile library. We need to use those in all of our
examples. In the FAQ, in the code examples in the application
development manual, anywhere else.

Ronald