Re: gpdf string freeze breakages

On mån, 2004-05-03 at 20:30 +0200, Christian Rose wrote:
> There have recently been two unannounced string freeze breakages in the
> string frozen gpdf gnome-2-6 branch.

Do we really need these public announcement everytime someone makes a
mistake?

You said the same thing in the bugzilla and Remi replied 30 minutes
after you wrote it, give the maintainers a bit of a time to correct the
mistakes. Like this you have to go apologize in two different places
just to not look bad.

Please Christian, give the maintainers some time to correct the problem,
try to mail them personally first (or in this case, give them at least
some time to respond).

I personally don't care about every string freeze that happens in CVS
since I'm neither on the release team or a translator. And if it was me
I'd not appreciate (as I know others don't either) to be hanged out in
the public because of a single mistake, at least not before I had it
pointed out to me in person and given the chance to correct the mistake.

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal
--
Imendio HB, http://www.imendio.com/