RE: The Desktop language FUD wars

On Mon, 2004-03-29 at 23:24, Eugenia Loli-Queru wrote:
> > I know people talked about trying to leverage the Mozilla
> >technologies as a XAML competitor.
>
> As long this does not involve XUL --which is extremely slow on all of my
> PCs-- I wouldn't mind this solution for some cases.

Have you tired Mozilla Firefox? It uses XUL for plugins and its blazing
fast. That said the performance of the implementation of XUL in mozilla
has no bearing on a future Gnome version of that technology. Fortunately
for Gnome we would not be burdened by having to make it cross platform
(which probably accounts for most of the speed problems).

AFAIK, the only object like system that has been designed to work with C
in mind is GObject. UNO, CORBA, COM and XPCOM were all designed for C++
and it would therefore be a pain to use any of them in C (kinda like
Corba is now).

jamie.