Re: Gnome VFS - plans for Gnome 2.8
- From: Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com>
- To: Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- Cc: "desktop-devel-list gnome org" <desktop-devel-list gnome org>, "gnome-vfs-list gnome org" <gnome-vfs-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Gnome VFS - plans for Gnome 2.8
- Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 14:11:05 -0600
On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 04:19, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> For gnome-vfs in Gnome 2.8 we will focus on finishing up the volume
> changes that were started in Gnome 2.6, and making gnome-vfs really
> work well for applications reading remote files. This is much more
> important now with the new file selector and its gnome-vfs
> support. Hopefully it'll lead to more Gnome applications using
> gnome-vfs to load files.
One important part of making it really to use for applications is having
good documentation ;)
> Add a prompting callback API, which is needed for sftp "host key
> invalid" messaging.
Speaking of authentication and prompting...
Right now we have the push/pop mechanism for auth callbacks in
libgnomeui, but this sounds hackish to me. Would it make sense to have
some sort of context-based API so that call that could lead to user
prompts would take in a context structure? The context would carry
information about the toplevel window with it, for example, so that the
callbacks could then do gtk_window_set_transient_for().
] [Thread Prev