Re: Plans for 2.8 - GNOME Managed Language Services?

On Sat, 2004-03-27 at 22:25, Havoc Pennington wrote:

[snip]
> I'm even more worried about political/strategic views. Lots of people
> out there dead-set against a platform that Microsoft has already
> explicitly embraced and extended.

MS has been embracing and extending tons of linux/unix stuff over the
years so why not turn the tables on them for a change. We, the Gnome
community, should embrace and extend Mono for our own purposes and to
our own advantage. We dont need the .Net platform and their IP
encumbered components but we do need their royalty free CLR + CLI to
accelerate development of our desktop and provide seamless integration
of a number of languages. The interests of the desktop as a whole should
outweigh any individual company's political/strategic agenda (I hope).

jamie.