Re: Plans for 2.8 - GNOME Managed Language Services?

That misconception I think comes from the boastings by the Parrot folks
that they would be able to run python better than python could.  Parrot
and Perl 6, if they're ever finished, are going to be quite cool though.
Don't dismiss Perl 6 as a possibility for a solid "easy" platform on
which to build free software.