Re: Plans for 2.8 - GNOME Managed Language Services?
- From: "John (J5) Palmieri" <johnp martianrock com>
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Cc: Ryan McDougall <ryan mcdougall telusplanet net>, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Plans for 2.8 - GNOME Managed Language Services?
- Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 11:35:34 -0500
On Fri, 2004-03-26 at 10:55, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> My suggestion if we want to do something in 2.8 and we can't get people
> behind "open source Java subset" is:
> - make full introspection data on the GTK+ API more formally part of
> GTK+, so language bindings aren't maintaining this themselves
This would be so amazingly helpful not just for language bindings but
for IDE's as well. Imagine the ability to derive from a GObject,
overriding vtable methods without having to write a single line of
boilerplate code and then mark methods for exporting to a language
] [Thread Prev