Re: Proposal for a new g-c-c menu layout for GNOME 2.8

On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 20:22, Carlos Garnacho wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Here's a proposal for a new control center menu layout, my main
> objectives are to allow an easier integration of "external" apps into
> the g-c-c and to somewhat avoid the growing clutter in the menu.
>
> my proposal (+ several screenshots to explain it) are in
> http://www.ultimaorbita.com/~garnacho/control-center-proposal/
>
> There's still no definitive patch for it, but I'll attach one when we
> arrive to a definitive solution. Any thoughts, opinions, flames?
>
> 	Regards

NOTE: Carlos, sorry for spamming you, but i forgot to reply to list.

Here are some ideas:

Preferences->
            Desktop->
                    Appearance->
                               Fonts
                               Themes
                               Background
                               Screen Resolution
                               Sound Themes?
                    Behavior->
                                Panels
                                Menus & Toolbars
                                Windows
                                Input Devices (Keyboard & Mouse
			+Accessibility)
                                File Management
                                Sessions
            Applications->
                    CD Database
                    Preferred Applications
                    File types and programs
                    <other applications related settings>
            System ->
		     Network Proxy
                     Sound Settings?
                     <gnome-system-tools>
                     <red-hat System Settings>
                     <other system related configuration apps>

Other considerations include:
- combining Fonts and Background into the Themes Preferences dialog.
- unify Panel, Menus, Toolbars and Windows
- unify Preferred Applications and "File type and programs"
- if the idea is to eliminated sub-menu, the Appearance sub-menu could
be merge into an "Appearance Preference Windows" with a tab for each
menu entry (Fonts, Themes,etc...). The same could be done for
"Behavior".

Feel free to comment.

Regards

Ricardo Veguilla González