Re: Accessing the workspace switcher

Leenard Bill said:

I need to access the workspace switcher in Gnome
programmatically.  I'm writing an application start-up
utility that launches pieces of the application in
various workspaces.  Currently, administrators do it
manually by clicking on each workspace, running the
processes for the application in that workspace, and
then clicking on the next workspace, etc.
Not sure this is the most appropriate forum for this question,
unless your utility is intended to be integrated with the gnome desktop in
general.

That said - you might wish to refer to the WM spec docs
at freedesktop.org; there are I believe window manager properties
which can be set on applications, which is the standard/portable way of
associating them with workspaces.
http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/wm-spec/wm-spec-1.3.html

see the _NET_WM_DESKTOP property.

- Bill

Does anyone know where I can find this information?
Thanks.