Re: A problem about Metacity

If you want to know how to set these keybindings: you can use the
keyboard shortcut control panel applet, or edit them with gconf-editor
in /apps/metacity.

If you want to know how the code works: gnome-panel is the process that
displays the run dialog and the panel menu, but metacity is the one that
handles the keyboard shortcuts.  Metacity and gnome-panel implement a
gnome-internal protocol whereby metacity sends a message to gnome-panel
which says "please pop up menu" or "please launch run dialog".  Most
keyboard bindings simply call a function in metacity internally.

-Rob