Re: Industrial as default theme?

Perfect timing.  There have been a couple of us working on themes at the
Gnome Support Boards(http://gnomesupport.org/forums) and I thought I
would share what we have been doing.

I've been working on a themeset I call Pilgrim.  It is a Gtk theme using
the Industrial engine and colors from the Gnome HIG color pallete.
There is also a Metacity theme which some may be interested in, but for
this conversation I'll just talk about the Gtk theme.

It is available here:

http://simplepilgrimage.org/Pilgrim-1.0.tar.gz

If you want to take a look.

Someone(link) has also used this color scheme with the Smooth engine to
create the SmoothGNOME(http://web.subpop.net/art/smoothgnome/) themeset.

I think these themes should get some consideration for being the new
default.

Relevant threads on the boards:

http://gnomesupport.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6687
http://gnomesupport.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6652
http://gnomesupport.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6274

There are a couple of variants of the Metacity theme here for those who
care:
http://simplepilgrimage.org/Pilgrim-SVG-1.0.tar.gz
http://simplepilgrimage.org/Pilgrim-Windows-1.0-tar.gz

I'm planning on getting a website for my theme up soon.  And link and I
have been discussing some variants and combinations.  I'll post
screenshots after work today for those who want to see and not try.
Okay, maybe this was just a bit early. ;) Enjoy.

Daniel