Re: [fdo] Re: On translation regressions due to freedesktop.org dependencies

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > What's wrong with having a single CVS and building up a web of trust
> > between developers like any other good free software project?
>
> It's something to think about, but that's a very long-term solution, and
> we have an immediate problem. But yeah, I think an RFC needs to be
> thrown out there as to the future of fd.o as a cohesive community,
> rather than a hosting provider that happens to own a couple of projects.

If you do go with a web-of-trust type system, it may be worth including
a timeout mechanism, such that unused accounts eventually time out and
get disabled.  Having such a policy in place can help avoid the
situation where your committer list grows to intimidatingly large
levels.  ;-)

Bryce