Re: Proposed: evolution

--- Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org> wrote: > On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 01:45, Sander Vesik
wrote:
> > --- Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org> wrote: > On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 23:47, William
> Jon
> > >
> > > If anyone wants to put in the work for this, please get in contact with
> > > me and bugmaster gnome org and we can talk about what would need to be
> > > done. I'd guess about a week's work, depending on how many problems you
> > > run into. You'd need to be fluent in perl and mysql.
> > >
> > > Otherwise, it will happen when someone gets round to it, and there are
> > > more important issues for the GNOME bugmasters at any rate right now :)
> > >

> > Surely the evolution team reserved time for this? I mean - this is a very well
> known
> > step as part of being in the desktop release and as evolution was already
> proposed
> > for the previous version of gnome I don't see how they could possibly have
> > overlooked it.
>
> It was brought up on d-d-l quite a while ago. It's something that would
> be very nice, but I can't imagine trying to block evolution going into
> GNOME for bugzilla issues. At least they use a bugzilla, and aren't
> stuck on that sourceforge monstrosity ;)
>
> (the "I don't have time, so why should the evolution team have time
> either" argument)

no, this is rather the "lets put evolution in just beacuse its evolution, no matter
how much it might differ from everything else, follow no rules for desktop modules
or how much pain it will cause in the future by continuing on the same course"
argument