Re: Proposed: evolution

On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 19:58 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:

>   Evolution is an integrated mail, addressbook and calendaring application
>   for GNOME. It brings in a number of dependencies: evolution-data-server,
>   gal, gtkhtml and libsoup.

At the risk of ruining Todd's birthday present...

There was a thread some time ago
<http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2004-
June/msg00056.html> about evolution requiring copyright assignment
and/or doing so in such a way that non-free forks are a possibility
(“you let us use it as though we thought it up, you still get to use it
since you did think it up, and we promise to always license it under the
GPL or another approved license, even if we also make some sort of
proprietary extension like Connector.” --
<http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2004-
June/msg00273.html>)

Also, Aaron Weber mentioned changes were going to be done on the
assignment form, but
<http://developer.ximian.com/projects/evolution/copyright.html> seems to
point to the same document as it used to.

Could we know what the current situation is and does the community like
it?

-- m

--
Mariano Suárez-Alvarez <msuarezalvarez arnet com ar>
http://www.gnome.org/~mariano