Re: Proposed: vino

On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 06:47:07PM +0100, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 17:55, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
> > I'm in favor, but I have a minor complaint.  If you can split
> > out the preferences and put that into the control center and then
> > "share my desktop" in actions (which starts the vncserver)  "Share
> > my desktop" should then change to "Unshare my desktop" after that.
>
> 	Read the background material - the primary use case is not "share my
> desktop with my friend" right now but rather "allow my desktop to be
> administered remotely".

Ah, I read that when you first blogged about it.  But it was
quickly forgotten. :-)    I'll go back and read it before I make
any further comments in case whatever I say is already addressed.
But I still feel that it'll end up being used as a collaboration
tool more than being used as a administration tool.

> > So basically some ui polish to make it look professional.  This should
> > help newebies out.
> ?

This is in relation to sharing and unsharing as an action to make it
easier for newbies to turn the feature on or off.

sri