Re: GNOME HIG and freedesktop.org spec. a bit contradicting??

On mar, 2004-07-13 at 22:00 +0200, Jaap Haitsma wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently filed a bug on the mozilla firefox package in Debian. The
> menu entry of it said "Mozilla Firefox" and the comment also said
> "Mozilla Firefox". In accordance to the Gnome HIG [1] I proposed to
> change the name to "Firefox Web Browser" and the comment to "Browse the
> World Wide Web"
>
> One of the comments I received is that the freedesktop spec [2] says the
> following:

Hi,

The GNOME/freedesktop differences on this point have been discussed some
months ago, not conclusion/changes afaik:
http://lists.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2003-
October/msg00590.html

BTW it would be nice to respect the fd standards ... perhaps it's a good
time to start this discussion again ? :)

Cheers,

Sebastien Bacher