Re: Evolution 2.0 and GNOME 2.6

On Fri, 2004-01-30 at 23:18, Eugenia Loli-Queru wrote:
> Rhythmbox

No. The maintainers withdrew this proposal.

> or Totem

No. Totem with gstreamer isn't stable enough, totem with xine has other
problems (2 mm frameworks, patents?).

> Anjuta 1.2.1

Hahaha! Um, no. No.

This is a *general desktop*.

Anyway, GNOME doesn't add modules based on trying to tick off marketing
points. GNOME adds modules based on greatest common factor usefulness
and technical merit. So far, that's worked pretty well, and I don't
think it's something we're going to change when we're frozen.

Thanks,

--
Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org>

<personal-opinions-not-necessarily-those-of-foundation-or-release-team-or-anyone-else />