RE: 2.5.3 and 2.5.4?

> Two releases have slipped.

2.5.3 has slipped, probably because the GTK+ release slipped. That's solved
now, so I expect a release soon. Jeff usually checks the tarballs with his
local garnome. I'm sure he'll say more soon. He's often chasing maintainers
for tarballs directly.

2.5.4 pacakge were only due 3 days ago, so it's not really fair to say that
a second release has slipped. There's always a delay between getting the
tarballs, testing them, and announcing the release.

> Why where they missed?
>
> What is going on with the release schedule?

I guess we've slipped 2 releases in total so far, once due to the
DISABLE_DEPRECATED problem, and once due to a lack of GTK+ release. That's
not ideal, but not the end of the world, and I personally welcome any
reasonable ideas to avoid those problems in future. Look on the bright side
- if the release team didn't make a fuss about those things we might have
missed a lot more releases.

Murray Cumming
www.murrayc.com
murrayc usa net